Avid announced MC7 at NAB today. Along with some important new features, the upgrade features a major price drop: MC is now just $999 and the Symphony color corrector can be added as a $1500 upgrade.
New Features Include:
- Master Audio Fader to adjust overall levels.
- Quick access to direct clip gain adjustment in the timeline.
- Watch folders where you can put media and have it automatically transcoded, (“Dynamic Media Folders”).
- Background Consolidate & Transcode
- Improved AMA media management — apparently via the Media Tool.
- LUT and frame size control from raw media — Avid calls this the FrameFlex Tool. (But you can’t edit with frame sizes larger than HD).
- Support for Interplay Sphere, letting you work with media located remotely on an Interplay server. MC with Interplay is $1499, and Isis gets a price cut.